Jul 2, 2019
In our 37th episode of the
Aligned & Unstoppable podcast, Emily talks with her friend
Sydney Lester. Sydney is a personal styler, fashion blog writer,
and creator of Chic Stripes. She comes to the show to teach how to
style yourself to feel confident and powerful.
- Sydney talks about her past and her journey to
where she is now.
- Consider a new mindset of not worrying about
money and focusing on people.
- Sydney speaks on her blog's growth and the
creation of Chic Stripes.
- Learning how to figure out your style, based on
your body and your interests.
- Sydney shares a styling example and how she
figured out an effective method of finding styles.
- Realizing that a picture can affect how you
feel about an outfit, and make you feel better about
- Sydney speaks on her past as a social worker,
journey to more confidence, and transition into her current
- Understanding that some outfits faze out and
should be let go even if they are emotionally
talk about how the process moves forward along with understanding
the inclusion of self-care practices.
3 Key Points:
find your personal style, understand that you must feel good in
everything you wear.
- Understand that your transition will not take
the same amount of time as any other person.
- Changing your wardrobe to feel better about
yourself is a journey that takes time and continual
- "Becoming this person (a "successful" human),
is a different mindset." - Sydney Lester
is a journey, finding someone else's style." - Sydney
really matters is finding pieces that you can rework to wear
differently with other clothing." - Sydney Lester
is an important tool and resource." - Emily Aarons