Jul 21, 2020
Today I am speaking to Yara de la Torre about how to cultivate
resilience when life is hard.
Yara de la Torre, a 29-year-old hairstylist who has been in the
beauty industry since the age of 17. She’s a salon owner, color
-focused stylist, bridal specialist and an educator with the
Sunlights Balayage Artisan Team.
Falling 2 stories down and landing to a broken back, leaving her
paralyzed from the waist down. Yara made her way back into the
salon to pick up where she left off.
In this episode, we have an inspiring conversation about how to
cultivate resilience when life is hard, why positive self-talk is
so important to overcome challenges and shift your identity,
especially in tough times.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- How Yara dropped out of college and instead decided to go to
- The journey that led Yara to start her own business when she
discovered her passion for bridal styling.
- How Yara went from being stagnant to stepping out of her
comfort zone and finding her niche.
- Why becoming an educator took her skill to a whole new
- The tragic event that impacted Yara’s life, family, and her
- How Yara found a way to understand that her life was not over
and how she moved on.
- Understanding that life does leave clues.
- How to cultivate resilience and find new meaning in your
- Why sometimes you need to shift your identity to overcome
- What is radical acceptance and why it’s so important.
- Why self-talk is so powerful and the impact that can have in
- "I've always been the type of person in life and business that
hates being stagnant." - Yara de la Torre
- "You've got to accept what it's now. Once you have that
acceptance and that understanding of not going back, then you can
move forward." - Yara de la Torre
- "Time isn't linear, left and right or front and back. Time is a
cycle and it's never quite done." - Emily Aarons
- "When you're first starting out in business, you don't really
have an identity other than who you've been known as, the friend,
the mom, the sister, whatever you have been until that moment in
time." - Emily Aarons
Resources to Take You Deeper:
Please consider subscribing to this podcast and leaving
an honest review on iTunes. Your
ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.